- Cut a strip of paper approximately 30 cm long and 4 cm wide. (Divide an A4 page into 5 long strips)
- With a pencil and ruler draw a dashed line along the centre of the strip, lengthways
- You are going to join the two narrow ends of the paper together but first make a half a twist with one end.
- Tape the two ends together. This is called a Möbius Strip
- Trace along the centre of the strip: do you come back to where you started?
In Mathematics the Möbius Strip is considered to have only one side, because you can travel around a Möbius Strip and arraive back at your starting point.